Welcome to the Chehalis River Basin Land Trust.
We have a vision — vibrant local communities rejoicing in abundant clean water, strong fish runs, diverse wildlife and open spaces.
We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving natural lands in the Chehalis River Basin.
These natural areas define western Washington and are the character of our local communities.
The Chehalis River basin:
- drains 2,660 square miles of land
- has eight (8) major sub-basins
- each sub-basin has a number of creeks, anywhere from 2 to 12
- sub-basin problems identified in 1996 include: dissolved oxygen, temperature, fecal coliform and PCBs
- the major population centers are Chehalis, Centralia, Aberdeen, and Hoquiam
Your support is an investment in the future of these communities and the Chehalis River basin, the second largest river basin in Washington State.